We live in a world of technology and use technology extensively to create better and easier living conditions.
Pets are part of our family, so it’s our responsibility to ensure their safety. Various pet trackers are available in the market. These trackers work on different technologies.
So, you can choose one according to your needs. In this article, we’ll share how LoRa technology can help in pet tracking and discuss features of pet trackers.
How can technology help in Pet Tracking?
Since the IoT development, people have been using it in almost every field of life. Initially, the Internet of Things was used to improve work efficiency and promote urban development. But now, pet tracking devices are making their way to the market. Pet owners can get customized trackers and applications for pet tracking according to their needs.
Luckily there are various IoT solutions available for pet tracking in the market. Some pet lovers prefer GPS technology, while others use LoRa, Bluetooth, and Radio Frequency (RF) technology. Each pet tracking technology has some pros and cons. Therefore, you need to be aware of them so that you can choose the best option based on your needs.
The factors that are most important to consider when deciding the tracking technology are:
– Your budget
– Required features
– Availability of network in your area
– The distance you want to track with a pet tracker
How does the LoRa Pet Tracking system work?
LoRa can be used for a wide range of indoor and outdoor applications. LoRa devices are battery-powered, and their battery life is five times more than the GSM standard. LPWAN technology is preferred and used worldwide for pet tracking.
It’s a low-power wide-area technology that is ideal for tracking pets. LoRa pet tracking devices have low data rates and transfer less data. Therefore, their battery life is longer than traditional trackers.
With LoRa technology, you can track the pet around the house. When pets leave the area, you’re notified. You just need to define the safety fence around the house through an app. It will help you get notified whenever the pet crosses the fence.
Important things to know about LoRa technology and Pet Tracking
After reading the points given below, you’ll understand how LoRa technology helps in pet tracking.
- With LoRa technology, you can track your pets everywhere, even when you don’t have access to Wi-Fi or LTE.
- When you use LTE for tracking animals, you need to pay monthly service charges but it’s not the case with LoRa pet trackers.
- LoRa devices don’t consume much energy; therefore, they don’t drain much battery. As a result, you don’t need to charge them a lot. For example, if you charge the LTE pet tracker once a day, you’ll charge the LoRa system once a month.
- In other wireless communication technologies, tag trackers are large. They’re difficult to use for pets. But tag trackers designed for LoRa are smaller. Therefore, they don’t cost much and are easier to use for pets.
- Along with pet tracking, LoRa systems can also help pet owners to monitor health and disease conditions. It can help take timely actions if there are abnormal or severe symptoms.
- When you use LoRa Mesh to track pets, and your pet goes out of range, don’t worry because it can be easily tracked with the help of other people who use the same network.
Tips for buying best Pet Tracker
Now you understand why pet trackers are essential. The following tips can help you purchase the best pet tracker.
– Check the specifications you need
All pets are not the same. If you need a tracker for monitoring health, it will be different from the tracker used to track location. So, choose a tracker according to your needs.
– Check your pet’s size
The pets don’t have the same size, so the same tracker can’t fit all pets. Therefore, considering a pet’s size is essential before purchasing any pet tracker.
– See the functionality of tracker
For outdoor pets, ensure that you look for waterproof trackers. Similarly, for indoor pets, there are different things to consider.
– Check for battery life and durability
Luckily, LoRa devices are low-powered, and they don’t consume much battery. So, you don’t have to worry about battery life.
– Check tracker cost
It’s another important factor. LoRa trackers don’t have monthly charges, so it’s an economical option if you have a tight budget.
– Check if the network is available in your area or not
In some places, LTE and Wi-Fi aren’t available. But the good news is that LoRa technology can still help even if no network is available.
One thing is sure pet trackers are essential for pet safety. But it’s not easy to choose pet trackers because so many options are available in the market.
Nowadays, LoRa systems are the most popular for pet tracking. So, if you need LoRa design services and want to get a custom pet tracker by LoRa technology, you can contact Arshon Technology. We can help you get a customized tracker according to your needs.
Author: Sara (Fakhri) Siahkar IoT Specialist @ Arshon Technology Inc.