The most famous English singer and the real queen of sales ADELE is ready to start promoting her more than anticipated and awaited new album confirmed to be called “25“, and scheduled to be released later this year via XL and Columbia Records. After an incredible time with amazing numbers and indisputable successes, she has a difficult role: get beyond, or stay successful!
Remember, the success of her second studio album entitled “21″ earned numerous mentions in the Guinness World Records.
- She was the first artist to sell more than 3 million copies of an album in a year in the UK.
- With her two albums and the first two singles from 21, ‘Rolling in the Deep’ and ‘Someone Like You’, she became the first living artist to achieve the feat of having two top-five hits in both the UK Official Singles Chart and the Official Albums Chart simultaneously since The Beatles in 1964.
- ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, became her third number one single in the US, Adele became the first artist in history to lead the Billboard 200 concurrently with three Billboard Hot 100 number-ones.
- Adele was the first female in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have three singles in the top 10 at the same time as a lead artist, and the first female artist to have two albums in the top five of the Billboard 200 and two singles in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously.
- ’21′ was the longest running number one album by a female solo artist on the UK and US Albums Chart.
- In 2011 and 2012, Billboard named Adele Artist of the Year.
- In 2012, Adele was listed at number five on VH1′s 100 Greatest Women in Music, and the American magazine
- Time named Adele one of the most influential people in the world.
- In 2013, she received an Academy Award as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for her song ‘Skyfall’, written for Skyfall, the twenty-third James Bond film.
Shocked, right? I think it’s hard to beat.
Anyway, after a break of almost two years, where the singer has had her first child, everything is almost ready to start promoting her anticipated third album, and as expected, and following the dynamics of her previous studio albums, the LP is callled ‘25‘. The number corresponds to the current age of the artist.
Among the producers on this new project include: Paul Epworth, Francis White, Greg Wells, who worked with the singer in her successful second album, and Naughty Boy. According sources closer to the production team: “The new music will shock some people. It’s very different but with a voice like that, she can do anything“.
Still no confirmed date for the release of the first single, but rumors suggest that it could be premiered in September. In addition, the singer has registered a new song at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) entitled “Devil on My Shoulder” and it was co-written by Greg Wells.
On August 31, two demo/previously unreleased tracks were leaked online. The songs called “Never Gonna Leave You” and “You’ll Never See Me Again” came from 2010′s Fraser T Smith recording sessions. It’s not confirmed if the new songs will be included on the new album.